At our events, we are committed to providing a welcoming and safe environment for everyone, regardless of gender, sexual orientation, disability, gender identity, age, race, or religion.
- The organization is committed to providing an open-minded and safe environment, in which all guests can enjoy an event in an atmosphere of fun, respect, and tolerance, without enabling destructive behaviours and attitudes.
- Having a ‘Safe Space’ environment at our events means that each and every guest should feel welcome to participate in activities, services or events free of threats, intimidation, harassment, unwanted advances, and the deliberate, or negligent, creation of unsafe conditions.
- The purpose of this is to allow everyone to meet in a “safe” environment and enjoy their time with our extended family.
- If a participant engages in harassing behaviour, staff members or security may take any action they deem appropriate, including warning the offender or expulsion from the event.
- We take all feedback seriously. If you have been intimidated, harassed, or made to feel uncomfortable at our event, please inform event security and/or staff immediately. Following events, please contact us at email@example.com or 613-230-8234 for assistance.
The festival is about people working together to deliver a music experience which celebrates artists and their creativity as well as community. Mutual respect and cooperation are the cornerstones of this organization. Every participant including artists, volunteers, staff, sponsors and festival attendees is entitled to be free from discrimination and harassment, both at the festival and at any secondary events, on the basis of age, sex, colour, national or ethnic origin, race, religion, marital status, criminal record, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, language, class or political belief.
If you experience harassment at the festival event you should contact the Festival Organizers to discuss the situation and possible responses. Our initial approach is to encourage early and informal resolution and to facilitate a direct conversation which resolves the matter.
Harassment in all its forms detracts from our common purpose and weakens our organization and will not be tolerated. We encourage all involved with the festival to treat each other with dignity and respect.