If you have been assigned to cover the festival by a mainstream media outlet, we have likely arranged access for you.
If you are uncertain about your accreditation, please send your request for access to Joe Reilly at email@example.com.
Please do the following:
Subject line must read: Media Access to CityFolk
Indicate the following in your e-mail:
- The media organization you are working for; the format (broadcast, print or on-line).
- How you plan to preview the festival so your readers, viewers, followers know about the Ottawa Folk Festival before it happens.
- How you plan to present your coverage (review, feature, blog, etc.).
- The dates for which you are requesting access (not the acts, the dates please).
- The number of passes you require (if more than one, why more than one?).
- The readership, viewership, listenership for your media outlet (if website or blog, how many hits are you receiving? Sending along a screenshot of your Google Analytics will go a long way towards authenticating your claims.).
- Do you require a photo pass? If so, how do you intend to use photos of the artists? (Please see important photo notes below.)
Please be brief in your explanations.
Media access is for general admission areas only and does not provide access to special seating areas, backstage, photo pits, etc.
We will be in touch if you have been granted accreditation or if we have any questions.
IMPORTANT NOTES re: photography at CityFolk
You must sign a waiver when you are granted a photo pass. The waiver clearly states that you will ONLY be using artist images for your media outlet and that those images will not be available for sale to any third parties. Freelance photographers and wire services will not be accredited.
If you are affiliated with a band or artist and shooting for them, then you must obtain entry and passes via the band. We will not be accepting requests from filmmakers.
The number of photographers who have access to the photo pits may be extremely limited. Only SLR cameras will be allowed into the pit. Photo calls for many major acts will take place each night, 15-30 minutes before the acts hit the stage. Access to front-of-stage photo areas will NOT be granted until approved by artist management. Please remember that some of these restrictions are imposed due to safety concerns and band requests.