Located at Lansdowne Park, CityFolk (formerly known as the Ottawa Folk Festival) is a multi-day celebration of music, dance, and community featuring an eclectic mix of musical performances on various stages. The BSOMA KidZone offers special children’s and family performances on Saturday & Sunday. Aberdeen Pavilion offers a wide variety of musical acts, artisan and craft vendors, and much more. Another CityFolk initiative, Marvest, is a free event as part of CityFolk offering over 70 free performances throughout businesses in the Glebe BIA. We are family-friendly, community-focused, culturally diverse and committed to eco-friendly initiatives.
- Provide performers who represent a broad spectrum of musical genres with a space in which creativity, imagination, and exploration are celebrated as fundamental to personal expression.
- Embrace the participation of visual artists and craftspeople as an integral component of the artistic community at the festival.
- Treat our volunteers and staff, who are the heart of our organization, with respect and care, and provide them with opportunities for personal and professional growth.
- Consider our sponsors and friends as valuable members of our organization, whose presence, ideas, and feedback are essential to the ongoing vitality of the festival.
- Enhance the cultural life and contribute to the economic activity of the local community, the city, and the region; and encourage a sense of community in all who participate in shaping the festival, while challenging ourselves to uphold the values the festival promotes.
Board of Directors