CityFolk is committed to taking a leadership role in promoting greener festivals within the Ottawa area. We have taken many steps towards sustainable practices and programming. Here are some of our initiatives, past and present.
- Reusable dish program diverting 15,675 disposable plates each year since the 2007 annual festival, as well as over 34,000 disposable forks, knives and spoons at the 2011 festival.
- Compostable beer cups and cupsuckers on garbage cans to keep cups out of the landfill.
- Recycling and compost stations throughout the festival site!
- An amazing Green Team of festival volunteers that help keep the site clean.
- Mr. Something Something concert powered through bicycle-generated power in 2009!
- Promotion of green transportation through bus service promotion, and supervised bike park providing secure bike lock-up.
- Sharing our reusable dishes and water stations with other organizations, such as the TD Dragon Boat Festival, Community Cup, Beau’s Oktoberfest, and MEC Paddlefest to promote sustainable community events.
Rent a CityFolk Water Station
Do you have an upcoming event or festival and need an easy way to get water to hundreds or thousands of people? Save plastic water bottles from the landfill and rent a water station! Our water stations are available for rent year round, but please book early to ensure they are available for your event.
For more information on cost, as well as practical info like how to transport water stations, how they function, and so on, please contact:
firstname.lastname@example.org; (613) 230-8234 x234